The Mesa/Braemar market has taken off briskly in 2014, in the first two months sales doubled from 6 last year to 14 this year. Median prices were up from $846,000 to $1,055,000, a 25 percent increase. That is a real surge in sales and pricing. If you have been waiting for a better market to investigate selling your home now may be the time to talk with a Realtor. See the chart for the most recent sales.
There are signs that indicate that the rapid increase in prices is abating across the United States and we note a few signs locally, as well. Last year after two months of sales we had 24 new listings and 15 sales pending. This year there are 16 new listings and only 8 sales pending. Our market is suffering from a lack of homes for sale. As would be expected with that situation there is a slowdown thus making the market a little bumpy as it picks up steam. If you need to consult with a Realtor about how this applies to your home you can contact me at 805 451-9300.
Tips for Saving Water and Money
- Don’t overwater your lawn/landscaping.
- When it rains – turn off the sprinklers – until the ground is dry.
- To prevent water loss from evaporation, don’t water during the hottest part of the day, or when it is windy.
- Only run the dishwasher and clothes washer when they are full.
- Defrost frozen food in the refrigerator or microwave, not by running water over it.
- When washing dishes by hand, use two basins – one for washing and one for rinsing rather than let the water run.
- Fix dripping faucets and leaking toilets.
“Your professionalism took almost all the stress out of selling and you provided very helpful advice.”
– Roger and Rita Ledbetter
“You did a good job not pushing us to make a rash decision. Your even temperament helped close this transaction.”
– Dale and Tamara Donohoe